Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My New Tools


Now that I have to prepare a lot of bean dishes that are completely new to me, I needed a supply of salt free beans. Now you can buy ready-to-eat beans in cans, but salt free beans are harder to find. So to just survive and to be able to prepare great dishes almost instantly, I bought two great new tools. The first is my new pressure cooker, a nice little 6L Stockpot by Kuhn Rikon. I have never heard of KR before, but several people on the ETL forum were besotted with them. So I hunted around online and lo and behold, I manage to purchase one locally.
The other is a book by Lorna Sass titled Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure. Besides the recipes, the cooking tables listing the times for all grains, vegetables and beans are fantastic. As a totally new pressured cook, these are being referred to constantly.

No comments: