Sunday, September 30, 2007

Apple Berry Something



Sometime ago I came across a recipe called Country Apples. It was a sort of apple crumble type recipe. I have changed this to reflect the ETL lifestyle, but still remain comfort food.

Apple Berry Something (Gluten Free)

4 apples peeled and sliced
2 Aussie tablespoons of brown sugar, 3 US
1/4 cup of sultanas (golden raisins)
1/3 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of blueberries
1 tablespoons of custard powder.
1/2 teaspoon of mixed spice or cinnamon

Combine the first 6 ingredients and cook until tender. I cook this in my rice cooker. When its almost ready I mix the custard powder with a small amount of water and mix gently through the apple mixture along with the mixed spice.

I serve this with cashew cream. Just blend cashew nuts with a small amount of water. This makes a great substitute for dairy.

1 comment:

A.M. said...

This looks really nice, I'm going to try it soon!